Pacia Puerto Rico, was originally called Surf House, was established in 2013 as a collaborative effort of a CEO in the healthcare field, and two seasoned Therapeutic Program founders and administrators. This synergy of program and business experience has allowed the establishment of Pacia Puerto Rico as a nationally recognized young adult program. Our partnership philosophy is derived collectively from leading high quality programs and successful and ethical business experience.
Pacia Puerto Rico is an innovative gap-year experience providing opportunities for personal growth and college and career readiness, utilizing a Clinically Informed Life Coaching℠ Model and the tropical setting to foster wellness and resilience to students ages 17 to 24 years.
Pacia Puerto Rico offers a supportive, holistic community where students learn to demonstrate self-mastery, personal responsibility, and healthy decision-making abilities, leading to independence, creativity, and leadership.
Core Program Beliefs
- We believe that individuals are naturally creative, resourceful and inherently unique.
- We believe that individuals must learn to trust themselves and listen to themselves in the journey to find their own rhythm.
- We believe that individuals must clearly define their personal values/beliefs/principles in order to gain control of their lives.
- We believe all individuals have choices in life and by making responsible choices, they find their personal power and voice.
- We believe that personal awareness and fulfillment comes from the individual. As mentors, our job is to unleash the individual’s strengths, abilities, and passions to set them on the path toward wellness and fulfillment.
- We believe our task is to facilitate the individual in setting goals and embarking upon a personal journey to find their own unique rhythm, becoming the person they want to be.
- We believe that the individual’s life is in balance when his/her actions/patterns/behaviors are in alignment with personal beliefs and principles.
- We believe that individuals must develop their whole self, that wellness and personal fulfillment are the foundation of healthy family and community connections.
- We believe that physical movement is fundamental to a healthy balanced life, stimulating the mind and strengthening the body.
- We believe that everything is a teachable moment. Through lifelong self-exploration and learning from our relationships with people, places, and things, the mind, heart and soul will always grow.